Nick is a commercial litigator with experience in managing complex multi-party international disputes, many of which include allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, conspiracy, and fraud.
His experience covers both High Court litigation and arbitration. Nick also advises on regulatory investigations, and has advised a number of large corporates and financial institutions on matters concerning regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Nick was an associate in the litigation teams at leading US law firms Jones Day and Sullivan & Cromwell. Nick qualified at Jones Day in March 2010.
Nick is a Solicitor Advocate and speaks English, Dutch and French.
- Advising a group of Ukrainian agro-trading companies in relation to claims made by various lenders for fraud and breach of contract concerning US$73 million of outstanding loans.
- Acting for the family and estate of the late Badri Patarkatsishvili concerning ownership of interests of various assets, in particular an approximately US$2 billion shareholding in Metalloinvest, a large Russian metallurgy company.
- Acting for a Russian owned oil and gas company in connection with the recovery of over US$400 million of misappropriated funds.
- Advising an oil and gas company in connection with a US$1 billion dispute relating to oil concession rights.
- Advising a global electronics manufacturer in relation to claims in the Delaware Court relating to a US$200 million loan facility.
- Acting for a Russian owned oil company in its defense of a US$55 million claim brought in the Chancery Division.
- Advising a prominent financial institution in relation to proceedings brought against it in Nigeria.
- Acting for a Serbian investor in LCIA proceedings brought by a wealthy Russian businessman relating to the financing of various investments in Serbian companies.
- Acting for a group of high net worth individuals in LCIA arbitration claims relating to share options valued at in excess of US$40 million in a series of Russian automobile companies.
- Acting for a number of Ukrainian nationals in connection with LCIA arbitration claims arising out of the aborted acquisition of a Ukrainian bank.
- Acting for a number of Russian parties in connection with substantial LCIA arbitration proceedings brought in relation to a property redevelopment project in Moscow.
- Acting for an investment bank in relation to arbitration claims arising out of a gold lending agreement.